Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 02:17 AM   #7
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
I would also add the sealant to the screws before screwing them in just to help eliminate more possible water leaks and then dicor over the top of each screw. You can never be too sure when it comes to water leaks or potential spots for leaks.

Paul

When I did mine I drilled all of my mounting holes then cleaned the roof around each one. Then I squirted a tiiny bit of Dicor into the holes and applied a very generous gob on top of the holes before putting my panel in place. The screws were very well sealed AND the bottom of the brackets were sealed and with excess squeezed out so we’re the edges of the brackets. Finally I flooded the top of the screws and the brackets with still more dicor. I’m not worried about leaks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum