Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Just ordered a new Axis 24.1

I have been lurking and sometimes posting as a MH wannabe here but yesterday placed an order for a new 2021 Axis 24.1, the one with twin beds aft.

After considering everything from a Class B, C and a short Class A in both diesels and gassers I finally settled on the short Class A gasser Axis. It fits our needs for almost exclusively dry camping with simple systems and an absorption fridge for minimal DC usage.

This coach has Ford's new 7.3 liter V8 which has been in service for about a year but is just now being delivered in this MH as well as Class Cs. I think it is a very solid, well designed engine and should perform well in the Axis.

The purchasing process was pretty simple once I decided on this model. I had seen lots of new coaches offered at various prices on RVtrader, but some like MHSR (I may have those letters reversed) in Texas have always advertised near bottom prices, so I had an idea where to start.

I first called a Thor dealer in Elkhart, Indiana which is very near the Thor factory for a price. They sell a lot to out of state buyers (I am in Connecticut) and their price was pretty good, a bit less than what MHSR was advertising. Then I called a few dealers closer to home in NY State. One was through the roof but the other significantly beat the Elkhart dealer's price so I went with him.

All of this was conducted over the phone and I worked hard to convince the salesman that I knew exactly what I wanted, was serious and was (almost) strictly interested in their best price. It worked pretty good for two out of the three dealers. Placing the order was pretty simple with emailed and scanned documents going back and forth.

So the coach is on order. The dealer says that it will be delivered in Jan or Feb and I will then do a thorough PDI and drive her home. The only significant upgrades planned which I will install myself are solar panels (it comes prewired) and maybe Bigfoot levelers.

If anyone wants the details, PM me.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum