Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #10
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Congratulations.

Is that heavier sway bar on the E-series chassis? I've only seen it mentioned for the F-53 (which is NOT what is under a 24.1).
You may be right. I read about it on the F-53 and hoped it would also be provided on the Es, but I don't know.

In so far as the PDI and paying for them to check it out first, I guess I am already doing that. They insist on a $895 prep fee which supposedly checks everything out a few days before the PDI and fixes them but you know how that goes.

I was told that was done before I showed up with cash in hand to do the PDI for a used RV. After finding 4-5 significant things wrong I walked away.

I will read the Axis specific checklist but I am a pretty anal retired engineer. I am a show me kind of guy. For example on the PDI described above the tech hit the battery boost switch and said it clicks so the solenoid is pulling in. I said that is all it indicates and the solenoid may have bad contacts. I checked it with a voltmeter and the chassis voltage didn't change when the boost switch was engaged while shore power was on bringing the coach batteries up to the mid 13s. And yes he agreed, the contacts were probably bad.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum