Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 02:49 PM   #8
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
It's just a shame that the RV industry is this way. I suspect it could even be worse short-term because of the increased demand and the hiring of more unskilled labor to do this type of work.

Anytime I do a repair or an upgrade I think about the best way to do the job. How can it be done right the first time? How to prevent future failure? How to make it easier to use?

Unfortunately the guys building these rigs don't think or work that way. They just want to do the job any way they can to get it done... as fast as they can... so they can collect their paycheck. Then top it off with the manufacturers not taking responsibility to provide oversight to build a quality product in the first place.

You can't tell me that they would not reduce warranty claim costs enough to offset building coaches slower i.e. more carefully and having QC Managers checking each step in the process and approving the workmanship before moving onto the next phase of the assembly.

Just adding up all of the warranty costs for my last two coaches and then multiplying that as an average for all new coaches, the numbers would boggle the mind.

I feel your pain.... but the old adage applies here..... if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

I've decided my current coach meets our needs and we do like it very much. I will get as much as I can fixed by the Thor Factory Service Center under warranty. That's the bets chance to get repairs done properly. Then I will continue to fix things myself better than they were from the factory. If I can't do the repairs, I will find a very reputable RV Repair & Restoration business to do them properly. In the end it will be less expensive than spending money on other new and more expensive coaches and continuing to chase problems with those coaches.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum