Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Owner check in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2016, 05:33 PM   #51
Cummins12V98

Brand: DRV
Model: 39TKSB3 "Modified"
State: South Dakota
THOR #1661
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostRetired View Post
Just joined this forum. My wife and I bought a 2016 ES PS3 last June. The fiver has had some issues but but they have been magnified by the dealer taking 3 or 4 visits to repair anything. If the discrepancies were fixed correctly the first time I would be tickled with the experience.

That said, the rig sure is sweet and solid. I can understand the MDTs being utilized...it is a heavy camper since it is loaded including a generator, invertor, and four batteries but seems to tow pretty nicely with my F-350. Of course I haven't been at the top of a tall peak with miles to descend yet. If any one has some words of advice on how to approach that with a 2014 F-350 DRW, I am all ears. I suspect some folks will advise me to disconnect at the peak and drive down empty!

Seriously though, folks that have done the long steep downgrades with my set-up have to have a good story or words of wisdom to share!Attachment 1350
Welcome aboard!

Whatever gear you would come up the grade you are going to descend lock your trans in that gear and always have your TH and EB turned on. I run my cruise control while doing so.

Experiment.

Also fill in your visible signature it will help with future questions.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum