Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #11
IDguy

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Two other things you can try:

1. Manually downshift to 4. Tow/haul and brake jabbing work in 4, but not in 2.

2. Set cruise at a relatively low speed (40ish). With tow/haul in D it sometimes works fine.

The V10 will go up to about 4,200. It is happy there.

The trans control is adaptive. It will improve after a few downgrades.

Works fine for me on many mountain passes I need to traverse to go anywhere...pulling Cherokee behind Georgetown 30x3 I load to full 18K.

From manual:
“ Automatic Transmission AdaptiveLearningThis feature may increase durability andprovide consistent shift feel over the lifeof your vehicle. A new vehicle ortransmission may have firm shifts, softshifts or both. This operation is considerednormal and will not affect function ordurability of the transmission. Over time,the adaptive learning process will fullyupdate transmission operation.Forced Downshifts•Allowed in drive (D) with the tow/haulfeature on or off.•Press the accelerator pedal to the floor.•Allows transmission to select anappropriate gear.” (PS: I don’t find pressing accelerator causes downshift. But jabbing brake does.)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum