Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 11:06 PM   #24
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
This is turning into one of my favorite threads. Really impressive to see the custom mod work on 2nd ACs I remember early on when I was shopping I kind of got taken to task because I was looking at brand new units with one AC but I really wanted 2. A lot of peeps insist that one was enough. I just could NOT see how RV Dealers in Texas were buying 29' and up units with just 1 AC I spent about a month researching mods such as this one until someone on this site advised me to find one that came with 2 ACs. While it eliminated some models and options; it was a great move for us. Even when I don't need them both, I run the one opposite of where we are, they are both ducted together and I can have minimize noise We can enter our coach in 100 degree weather and turn on both ACs and in about 5 minutes it has comfortably cooled.

If you live or camp in a hot place 2 factory installed units ducted together with 50A service certainly would be convenient. But it’s expensive and, as you note, limits your choices of coaches. We’ve been doing this for nearly 5 years with only one AC and our last unit was a 33ft Fleetwood. Its had its hot moments but never a problem at night and the workarounds were not awful. Notwithstanding, a second AC will be a welcome addition. One advantage to doing it as an add on is that you are not limited to 50A sites.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.