Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: DirectTV
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 01:32 AM   #3
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwild View Post
I have direct at home and in the RV. Was upgrading to the 4K Genie at home and directtv says I cannot unless I set up 2 separate accounts. It makes zero sense to me. Anyone else come across this? Solution?
A couple of corrections. A single DirecTV account can only have one genie. The billing address and the service address must be the same for a home account. There is no requirement that says your home genie cannot travel with you, but you will not have local channels. There used to be distant network service (DNS), but Congress in its great wisdom had made that service (created in 1996 and available through 2019) illegal. See STELAR act. I started caring my home's receiver in 1995 and still carry it today. My coach has extra power supplies wired, in so all I carry is the HS-17 (genie 2), C-61K (4K client), and C-41W (wireless client). I also have a local channel connector for local channels where available. DirecTV supplied all my equipment except for the extra power supplies.

Now for the complicated part. DirecTV maintains a mobile section for boats and limos. If you can get your account changed to a mobile account, your billing address can be static but you can change your service address in the my ATT account app.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.