Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 08:30 PM   #10
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
Having just read this thread today and learning about the new QG 2,800i inverter generator, I contacted the Thor dealer where I have an order for a new Axis 24.1 set for a Jan/Feb delivery. I asked him if Thor could substitute the new generator for the standard QG 4000 and I would be happy to pay any reasonable price difference.

Thor said no.

That is a pretty arbitrary, short sided position. The installation should be almost identical to the QG 4000 although one of the posts above says that the i generator is 0.6" taller.

I believe that in a year or so ALL new RVs will come with one of these inverter generators. They are superior in every way. But it probably costs Thor a few hundred dollars for the i vs the old one (which I am happy to pay) and Thor if anything is cheap.

Oh well no surprises there, I knew that when I bought mine.

David

In this case I can see why Thor turned you down because the standard generator is a 4,000-Watt that can power A/C and microwave simultaneously, and the QG 2800i can’t. The size isn’t the issue because the QG 2800i should be much smaller and lighter than the standard QG 4000.

The Onan rep at Tampa Super Show told me the QG 4000i (i for inverter) would follow in less than a year. So far everything he said was essentially accurate right down to odd RPM operating range.

Thor doesn’t seem to do much custom anything. They’re not set up for changes; not even when all you want is for something to be left off.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.