Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 02:00 AM   #24
Treasur2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Washington
THOR #20407
Cool

I may be your best replier yet. I bought a 2021 Axis 25.6 on 8/3/20. I wish I hadn't.... kinda. I just returned today from only my second trip. Now have slightly over 1,000 miles since delivery.

I also strongly agree with the above of doing the close "Shakedown" of a couple of days close to the dealership. I did. Paid huge dividends. My ignorance and inexperience, then systems failures, occurred within 36 hours. I was able to drive back after call and get addressed (bad sensor).

Those above may recognize me, from my earlier rant. I first will say that ..some...of my problems are my own ignorance and lack of basic (electrical, I did not know I had to flip the switch at RV park to get power after plugging in, no indicator to do so).

However, the majority of my problems are pure and simple workmanship. If I list them here and explain details, it will take two at least probably three. suffice it to say pages.

The 2021 Axis & Vegas are completely controlled by the BMPro device on your wall. You lose it. As I did after 250 miles (I got a new one through a nightmare of service requests). Your toast.

In addition. None of the dealerships know about the change from earlier years. it was not the central point of failure it is now.

After only my second trip, I have two walls separating from their base and the tiny and I mean tiny, finishing nails, coming out.

The AC in the CAB works intermittingly and poorly. But I think this may be me expecting it to work like a car. It takes 15 minutes to get cold .... sometimes. Others not at all. When I turn the fan off. It still blows. When I turn it on. It blows harder. I took it to a ford truck dealership because I could get in quicker than an RV dealership, and its a "cab" problem. They said it was 37 degrees. I drove away, one day later am having the problem above. I took it in because driving home from 250 mile away dealership, it completely failed.

Please respond here if you would like to chat or email via a private thread. I believe I can save you a lot of heartache. This is also MY first RV. I am a white-collar guy with little basic skills but a lot of common sense. I had my oil changed when I got it home (I learned they don't do that when they take delivery) after a 2200 mile drive to eastern Washington state. I live in seattle.

Also added sway bars and a driver assist rod (my word). It makes a HUGE difference in its drivability. It is hard to drive on country roads without it. easy with it.

Learning the hard and painful way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.