Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 02:26 PM   #1696
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edensob View Post
My Compass 24TF has a Norcold 512 refrigerator that I am not sure is really working properly or perhaps my expectations are too great. I have completed all the resets and have no codes showing on the front panel. At the coldest possible setting (9) the refrigerator never gets below 45 degrees and during warm weather it was struggling to stay at 50 degrees. Makes no difference if on electric or propane. There is no frost or moisture ever showing up on the cooling fins, but the freezer is cold enough to make ice. So my questions are: is there any fan to circulate the cold from the freezer section to the refrigerator section? Looking at the owners information it appears there is a fan somewhere, but I don't see or hear one anywhere. What cooling setting do others have their refrigerators on and what temperature is it maintaining? I realize these absorption units are different animals from typical residential units having a compressor. Just not sure what I should expect. Thanks for the help.

I don’t have your model of Norcold but the one in my coach, also a Norcold, will get the freezer down to about -15 and the fridge to about 20 on it’s coldest setting. It is very slow in doing so though so if you are opening the doors often or if the seal on the door is not tight you might be fighting a losing battle. Also, it doesn’t work nearly as well if you have a lot of stuff in your fridge. I do not believe there is any way to alter the flow of coolant between the compartments. Putting a small battery operated fan in the lower compartment can be a very big help. You can buy them for this specific purpose for under $10 on Amazon. But I’d start by checking to see if your doors are sealing tightly.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.