Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdole View Post
I can fit a thumb through all the way around the tire. It appears to be spaced correctly except at the bottom with the bulge. I see you say other than at ground. Is it safe to say that I’m ok looking at the pictures? I measured from center to center at the top of the tire and it’s exactly 10 inches. I haven’t found this model tire in a chart anywhere to compare. Thor pawns me to Chevy, Chevy doesn’t seem to have a clue (at least who I talked with). Haven’t heard back from general tire but hoping to get a dual space measurement to base it off of from them.

I assumed you had the more common Ford, so if you have a Chevy it may be a little different. My bad for assuming.

In any case, your 22E motorhome is relatively small and light, so if you inflate tires to 80 PSI the ride will likely be too harsh. That size tire at 80 PSI is what’s used on many 30+ feet long motorhomes weighing up to 14,500 pounds.

As recommended by others, drive to scales and weigh it. I’d guess that the specified 65 PSI is plenty for actual weights front or rear unless you overload.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum