Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 09:34 PM   #14
ellenov

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #3257
Quote:
Originally Posted by motofabio View Post
I'm going down the path of finding the right set up for flat towing. I've boiled it down to the components I like, but thought I'd throw this question out there before pulling the trigger.

For the braking system, what I would love to see is a cable that plugs into the RV's 7-pin, running into the cab of the toad, into a box. Another cable from the box would go into the OBD port (or maybe the factory port under the dash for the brake controller). That box would use the vehicle's electronic braking system, already in place for the adaptive cruise control, to brake and illuminate the brake lights and signals. Anyone know if this exists?
We tow our 2 door 2015 Jeep Rubicon behind our 2016 Chateau, 33' long and do not use a braking system and have had no issues. We use the Blue Ox tow bar which is easy to attach. We have gone on some steep roads, up and down and no issues not having a braking system for the tow bar

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum