Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 05:00 PM   #21
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Was the bathroom door the old large, hinged, double door or the new pocket doors that open one at a time? The new ones are a great improvement. The cracked windshield must have been one of the old large ones - I hope! I think (hope) they have solved that problem with the new window. It is unfortunate that a dealer will put a unit (or units) like that in a show. RVs take a lot of abuse on the open road and things will come apart. It is the little things that you notice (rightfull so) and it really takes a dealer little time to correct those flaws. Both the Axis and Vegas dealers at the Tampa RV show had obviously taken the time and effort to get their units ready for the show. It paid off. They sold 20 Axis at the show.
Yes, it was the original large door that didn't last long at the Houston RV Show before someone broke it. I remember telling my wife i was sure someone forced it, but only because it was more complicated than the average person needed; or expected. Hinges are simple. Thor must not send employees to the KISS school of design.

Weather in South Florida will be bad to attend outdoor show before Saturday or Sunday, unless one is looking for water leaks. I'll look at new 24.1 doors closer then.

By the way, did Ford and/or Thor change the wiper control switch on 2016 chassis models? I recall some negative comments about its original location on dash being too far for shorter drivers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum