Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 10:50 PM   #32
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Your concern is a fair one.

All I can say is my wife can’t tell a difference in the rear ride if she is in the back getting drinks from the fridge. There is no new or additional vibration that would be an indication of a balance issue.

I also feel the coach is now much safer and there is a much lower chance of abnormal tire wear or blow out because the tire pressures of each set of tires is equal.

I have done enough driving where I saw 5 psi or more differences in the pressure of the inner and outer tire to know the tires are not performing equally and the end result would be abnormal wear or worse.

There are also a couple options where you can mount the indicator to the center hub if that helps with your balance concern. I chose to mount it off the lug because it was clean and it is still close to the center of the axle vs being close to the outer part of the wheel where the centripetal forces would be higher and balance issues would be more susceptible.

As I stated previously.... this is just my assessment after my own research. Each person needs to do their own research and make their own decision as to what is best for their situation.
Thank you for that. See? You are a good guy

Now, how to mount it to the wheel hub. I just love a challenge.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum