Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #23
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Yes, it was the original large door that didn't last long at the Houston RV Show before someone broke it. I remember telling my wife i was sure someone forced it, but only because it was more complicated than the average person needed; or expected. Hinges are simple. Thor must not send employees to the KISS school of design.

Weather in South Florida will be bad to attend outdoor show before Saturday or Sunday, unless one is looking for water leaks. I'll look at new 24.1 doors closer then.

By the way, did Ford and/or Thor change the wiper control switch on 2016 chassis models? I recall some negative comments about its original location on dash being too far for shorter drivers.
The door was a great idea...very poorly executed. The new pocket doors keep the original concept but are much better looking and easier to operate. No, Thor did not change the windshield wiper control. I am not short and it still is difficult to operate, just because I have to take my eye off the road to find it. After I have used it several times, I don't have to look... but it is a learning experience every time. It would be much better on the steering column. I'm pretty sure this is a Thor issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.