Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 12:57 AM   #42
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrabu View Post
I haven't weighed mine, but I have seen weights from other class C's with the same length and similar floorplans. They are generally close to or over the ratings for both the rear axle and rear tires.

I'm not sure actual weights would change my tire choice. I want the most durable tire I can get. For that tire size (225/75R16), load range E 10-ply tires seem to be the best you can get. Load range E is rated for 2680 lbs.

I had a small Class C that, when I weighed it, was almost at the maximum weight with basic provisions and no water. It was a tail dragger. So I added air bags and safety steer. What a difference in handling. The tires I did not trust. I went in to have them looked at. They called me to come see them. They were in the parking lot next to the RV. Well they looked good. The service rep asked me to put my nails into the inside side rear tires side walls. They were like gelly and I could see the cord. I replaced them with Firestone tires and never had a problem. I aired the tires up to the Firestone load/pressure chart. They were good tires.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum