Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 01:17 AM   #12
Dilley Dilley

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #16919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newf026 View Post
We have a gas 2020 Class A Miramar. We've put about 12K miles on it with no issues. But on our last trip which took us over some very bumpy roads the entire engine cover popped loose and sprang up.

I stopped and reset it but it happened 3 more times on less bumpy roads. It's got a bungy cord on it now. I am planning to take it to the dealer but just wondering if there is a simple fix for it.

Thanks
So we have a 2017 Miramar that I had the same problem with. I tried to see if the Company that makes those twist latches has a longer prong that can be attached and they didn’t. What I did to remedy the problem is I went to Home Cheapo and bought some black weatherstripping and attached it all the way around where the engine cover fits against the opening inside. That made the difference because now the engine cover fits snugly against it and that keeps it from shifting. You’ll probably also notice that the cover is kind of flexed or bowed out towards the middle so that adds to the ability for it to wiggle out. For insurance I got a small adjustable nylon web strap with the plastic clasps on the end. You can wrap that around the bottom of the radiator support anthem around the metal stiffener rod behind the grill to make sure it stays shut.
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum