Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #16
ptylerp

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37FH
State: Florida
THOR #20476
Couple of issues

On our maiden trip with the Challenger 37FH a couple of issues have arose. One issue was the auto transfer switch decided to fail. At 5:30 one morning we lost shore electrical power. Too early to start generator in rv park so sat with battery power until later in morning. Generator worked fine and Thor overnighted a new Auto Transfer Switch. Installed it last evening and so far all is well. Hope this one doesn't decide on a short life span.

My other issue is loss of engine power. On occasion the engine seems to not be getting fuel. The engine never dies but loses rpm and surges s few times before it will pick up and run great. Between Columbus, Oh and Berlin, Oh it did this several times. Then the next day driving between Berlin, Oh and just north of Pittsburg it didn't do it at all. Have spoke to Ford help and tried to find a Ford dealer to have it checked out and appointments are a week out at best and several miles from my location. One Ford tech suggested to verify grounds to chassis for fuel pump. My question is has anyone with a V-10 Ford experenced anything like this?

I sure don't like the way the hand rail was mounted in the entry way. The two screws into the floor lasted about a day and now I am looking for longer screws to anchor it to the floor. In the picture the sawdust is from the screws eating the floor. Can't believe they would design a handrail anchored with 1 inch screws. Otherwise it will remain useless.

Considering the whole trip I think it is going quite well and we are enjoying family and the fall colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hand rail.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	26575  

Challenger 37FH
Buick encore or Chevrolet Equinox - Toad
ptylerp is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum