Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 08:08 PM   #22
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
I was in talks with her on the build of my rig. But I think I remember her saying stick with the rubber roof.

In my opinion (FWIW!) rubber roofs - or more precisely, TPO - are much better than fiberglass. It’s just simply a better product for the purpose. Older rubber roofs, before TPO, were not that great and higher end coaches often had fiberglass. It became the gold standard but as already pointed out it is heavy, expensive, subject to fading and chalking and is more difficult to repair if damaged. I liken it to the use of copper plumbing in home construction. It was the gold standard for many years and many homeowners and builders demanded “nothing less”. But PEX is better in every way and finally won the day. Maybe just because all of the old timers died - or at least stopped building new houses!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum