Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: House Batteries
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #15
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilcop View Post
Hello, just purchased 2021 delano 24fb with 100 solar, 1000 inverter, and what i understand is only 1 house battery. I'm looking to see what is the best to start an upgrade of this system. Can i start with 1 100ah lithium first, then see how that goes, then if needed add another 100 solar and what does thor supply- will it accept lithium over wet/agm without more changes? Thanks for all advice- will probably upgrade step by step.
Check the inverter. If it's an inverter/charger/xfr switch, make sure it has a lithium charge profile or that may have to be upgraded based on your decision.

I went batteries first. If you build out your bank, you may find you need a solar upgrade. I would think about holding off on the solar upgrade until I found out how many batteries I really need or would like to have. Then find what it takes to give them a decent charge. You can design so you can break the battery connections within the bank and charge only the online ones faster or better or, in the right conditions, have sufficient solar to charge them all if you get one or a more cloudy days.

I chose 4 lithium to stuff under the steps and replace 4 FLA then decide what it takes to charge them.

If you monitor things along the way, you can evaluate whether upgrades are cost justified. You may find 4 sixes wired series/parallel suit your needs just fine. If you wind up swapping out your inverter, consider upgrading. You'll want more as you discover what it can do for you and you wanted.

All this is just one person's perspective. I hope a few more ideas get thrown at you so you have options.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.