Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 02:02 AM   #2
terencgb1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #15798
SOLVED - Vegas 24.1 Dash AC Vacuum system location

So. After a little digging in various places about ford setups and an email to Thor I was able to solve the problem. If you have a similar issue I am posting the info here incase it helps. Here is the problem. You run the blower and get outside air on the dash vents no problem Turn on the AC and the air gets re-directed to the defrost vents by the windshield. The AC direction is controlled via a vacuum operated paddle. This is part of the assembly under the dash. A small yellow tube runs from this valve under the passenger footwell back to the engine compartment. In my case this tube had been severed. You can see in the pictures the ends of the hose. I cant speak to the reason the hose was broken, but after some contortionist moves and a half hour of time, problem solved. The drawing from Thor was helpful to figure out how they configured things. The RV shop I stopped at quoted me $1,200 just to look at the issue, with 'we will have to pull all the dash out to get to the blower assembly" was the quote. So. If you have a similar problem. Look under the passenger footwell and you can test the issue by manually operating the valve. Tube cost me $7.00.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7377.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	26588   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7379.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	26589  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dash Layout copy.pdf (406.4 KB, 46 views)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum