Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #27
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
The door was a great idea...very poorly executed. .....cut....
Can it be that great an idea if it's that difficult to execute successfully?

If it was a minor issue or two causing the problems, I have to think that Thor would have revised or upgraded the design and kept the original "great" concept. That they abandoned it tells me it was a bad design from the onset.

I personally feel that way about many things in motorhomes. Sure, things can be made to work, but any time anything is made more complicated or with more moving parts, the greater the opportunity for failure or for issues to come up. And for me, a recreational activity that can be done out of a tent shouldn't require that much design sophistication. A simple hinged door is hard to beat.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum