Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 11:56 PM   #31
Edki45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.6
State: Texas
THOR #19026
Leveling Axis/Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectman View Post
Where did you put these Paul. I always thought that scissor jacks were not strong enough. We use leveling blocks but if the jacks could give us a couple extra inches on top of the it might help in a few situations
I have an Axis 25.6 and put BAL Lowpro 24" jacks https://www.campingworld.com/lopro-s...f-2-94206.html on the front behind the wheels and angled toward the back of the wheel well. I made an extension socket from black pipe and a 3/4" x 1/2" dr. deep socket cut in half. I made brackets and welded them to the frame with bolts pointing down. This allows me to change the jacks easily if needed. I use a 1/2" Dewalt cordless impact to run them. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Make sure the RV tires are well blocked and wheels stay on the ground. If not it will bend the jacks. This works very well if you don't extend the jacks to full height. Sometimes I use Legos under the tires to get it in the ballpark and finish with the jacks and rear stabilizers. I took the useless locked up motors off of them. When I get my Axis back from warranty repair in 3 or 4 months I can send photos. It took 3 months from date of sale for the appointment on 24 September. They still have not looked at it as of 2 days ago. Hope someone here has found a better way to get warranty service.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.