Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 01:43 AM   #5
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2777 View Post
Last week we went to the Biltmore in Asheville. Stayed in a nearby campground, beside the French Broad River. Temperatures were pleasant, so we left the windows open (the kind that pivot out slightly at the bottom). All the windows had screens.

Well, at the end of the day, we returned to the coach, to discover that HUNDREDS of "stink bugs" had made their way in, presumably through one window that had about an eighth of an inch gap around the screen, but also in the basement lockers as well. They were on the walls, in the bedding, under the mattresses, in the sinks, the storage cabinets, EVERYWHERE. My wife and I spent the next few hours shrieking and scooping them up to get them outside. Discussions with several other campers, including some that had their door open, and no one else had had a single bug. On return home and emptying the lockers, we've found dozens more. We fogged the coach, sealed it up for 2 days, and that turned up several dozen more that were still kicking.

The only explanation I can come up with for this, when no other campers had a single one, are that we had the only coach that was mostly black in color, a 2018 Thor Siesta Sprinter. Perhaps they are drawn to this color, and if your coach is black or dark color, watch out! Has anyone else ever heard of this situation?
I was in Marion, about 20-30mi east of Asheville and color doesn't matter. I was clearing out those SOBs for months afterward. It may be the dark window tint as opposed to coach color. Still in all, a PITA.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.