Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Oceanside, CA.
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 11:08 PM   #17
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Redlands View Post
I am heading to the North Pismo State Beach tomorrow, arriving Monday after a side trip. Looking forward to a quiet time in a great retreat.

My rig is a 2016 Axis 24.2 that also didn't come with any provision for solar. I installed four 100 watt panels (not sure I needed that much because we are pretty conservative in our power usage) that feed power to two Battleborn Lithium batteries via a Renology controller. I also replaced my BIRD with a lithium compatible BIM to add protection for the alternator. For the occasional 110 volt needs, I installed an inverter that feeds a couple of outlets and one of the TVs.

The ability to boondock for longer periods has opened up a lot of options for new and different camping experiences.

You’ve got a very nice set-up.

I know we’ve drifted off the Oceanside topic, but we’re all in SoCal.

Are you staying at the North Pismo Beach State Campground?

The actual “sand” beach camping or driving wasn’t yet open as of last week (Gavin Newsom’s COVID must really like the ocean, I guess)

Keep us posted on where you land up there and your experience.
That is, I got my Vegas stuck in the beach sand 2yrs ago.
If you ever go down on beach make sure you reduce your tire air to about 20# & know exactly where the high tide is.
The best time to drive & camp on the beach with our rigs is when the high is no more than 4’
The Sand gets undriveable for us once it’s above 5.5’

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum