Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 01:56 AM   #50
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Modern fuel injection engines compensate for atmospheric pressure and temperature. Running in the closed loop the computer will keep the fuel air ratio at optimum for the engine. Any restriction in the intake or exhaust systems will automatically be compensated for. Only in open loop operation (wot) will the restrictions cause power losses.
Can you go into 'open loop' a little more please? I'm hoping to decrease turbulence and increase air flow. From the (valuable as usual) feed back I've gotten, it may be a zero sum game.

Even if I make air less turbulent and pack it against the intake, the computer will see that through the MAF and squelch it.

Weigh in. I always appreciate your opinion on things and thank you for this one once more. Looking forward to your response. You and Chance really need to hook up. You're both really on the ball.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.