Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Awning repair
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 02:47 PM   #1
LovemyClassC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #14082
Awning repair

My awning is showing signs of thinning at the top 6 inches of the rolled awning. This area is exposed to the most quantity of rain and sun elements. I could use the Camco clear tape but feel it may not last as long as I would wish. I would rather use the Eternabond white tape(6 inch wide). I have both. My concern is using the Eternabond tape top and bottom. It obviously would be stronger, last much longer, and the product is UV resistant. The color change will not bother me. But, my concern is will the two layers of Eternabond affect, in a negative manner, the rolling up of the system for travel. I have a Solera awning system from Lippert. Any experience with this activity would be an exceptional help in my decision making process. Thank you, Michael

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum