Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Awning repair
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 04:59 PM   #6
LovemyClassC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #14082
This is my thought also. I have read several on line reviews from people using the Eternabond tape on their awning and seemed pleased. Additionally, I read some reviews on this Forum related to the same issue. But I never heard anyone on any of the reviews discuss if it affected the coiling up of the awning for transport. I measured the distance from where the “hook and loop” are on the roof edge to the outer edge of the coiled up roll with the awning. It measured a slight bit more than 6 inches so their would be about 3/4” to 1 1/4” into the coiled position. The Eternabond is very flexible when warm and I suspect it remains flexible up to maybe 35 degrees F. But I really do not know. Maybe I am worrying about nothing. I just want to do this task once and I really would like to be happy with my choice. Understand, I will not blame anyone if it doesn’t turn out right.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum