Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Awning repair
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 01:45 AM   #18
DbleDutch

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Arizona
THOR #13228
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfSpyryt View Post
I'm happy to share my experiences. I used a flexible plastic squeege to apply smoothly. I got it from an auto part store normally used as a window tint applicator.
I wish you the best. I'm confident you will achieve good results. Looking forward to seeing your finished work. '-)
My same process 2x. Once on a 7 year old awning fabric that began delaminating. Gorilla tape added to the top side only and wrapped to the underside on the ends. Tape was still good after two more years of brutal AZ heat and Sun UV. Awning fabric continued to delaminate and replaced fully.
Second was just done on a two year old awning to extend it's life. Gorilla tape again applied topside using WolfSpyryt application process. Also did slideout cover. Done from a ladder as I do not like leaning over the edge and work below. Safer from a ladder. I am hoping this gains me years of awning service life as ours is in the AZ sun 365 days.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.