Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #5
jannnda

Model: 3719 Newmar
State: Arkansas
THOR #14120
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
We just returned from our first long trip with the new MH and below is a quick report.
Please have in mind that our previous rig was a 2018 F150 towing a 9000lbs camper...

Towing:

We didn't tow but rented instead for the F53 chassis manual says to not tow anything before 1000 miles...

Route:

The trip was from central Indiana to Destin, FL and back which is basically I65 north/south and just above 1400 miles round trip.

MH:

Its a 2021 Hurricane 34R with the new Ford 7.3L V8 engine.

Apart from Safe-T-Plus installed, the MH is all std.

The coach performed very well under wind and rain, no problems to keep it in its lane and little movement side to side.

I believe the new/improved stab. bars Ford is using really improved the handling.

Fuel consumption and engine performance:

We did 8.5mpg as average which I believe may improve once the engine breaks in.
We are impressed with how quiet this engine is and the torque...
At 65mph it is in 6th gear at 2600rpm and in this route it basically stays is 6th gear all the time for it can keep speed easily on mild inclines... Torque is just fantastic....

Problems:

The only problem we found during the trip was a leak in the shower. I sealed the wall/shower base joint, the shower door rails and the drain and that reduced the leak in 90% ....

If anyone has a clue from where else the water may be leaking please comment... Otherwise I'll take it to the dealer for that.

This is our first MH and we all agreed that the MH beats the Truck/trailer on comfort level, easy to maneuver and refuel, easy/time to set up, less stressful driving and have the same fuel consumption that the truck had (MH not towing).

Overall very happy with the MH.

2600 rpm at 65mph? On my 31Z (V10) at 65mph I am just a little over 2000 rpm. I also have never gotten 8.5 mpg.
Really nice looking rig BTW.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum