Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 11:59 PM   #9
RACarvalho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34R
State: Indiana
THOR #19887
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Breeze View Post
If you have a gap between the floor pan and shower wall, do what Gritz suggests for the leak. If there's no gap, you'll trap moisture behind the wall and you know where that leads to. You may not thing much of it, but water bounces off you in the shower. Your head, your shoulders, etc. If it gets high enough, it'll run down that wall and cause damage. A quick bead of silicone is not going to hurt anything if you have that gap ay the bottom and if that's not the problem, you still haven't done yourself any harm. Have a spray bottle with water handy. Run the bead and spray it, then run your finger over it. It'll create an acceptable look.

Your mileage will drop with a towed. You probably know that too. Pick something light; I tow a 3500 lb'er with a v10. 18k miles and 7.3 mpg. Not the best. The shift points you mentioned seem to be a vast improvement over the v10. It may change with a towed.

Thank you for the suggestions.
The enclosure is well sealed on top and on the sides (which are on the outside, after the shower door) and it is a lot of water to come from up there... anyway I'll check again.
The previous two (very short) trips we had we saw no water but this time the autoleveling let the MH a little lower in the front so water was running to the front of the shower pan, where the drain is, which is also where the shower pan/walls meet the shower door...
When first happened only one person taking shower was able to have a good amount of water on the floor.
After I (completely) sealed the shower pan/shower walls joint with silicon glue, the amount of water was reduced in 50 %(the picture is from that stage) ... Then I sealed the lower shower rails and it reduced more but still leaking... Then I sealed the joint between the shower drain and the shower pan and now two people need to take a shower for you to see water on the floor....
The corner joint where the shower pan, the shower wall and the shower door meet is not a good design....
Anyway, there is no water anywhere else around or under the shower from the outside (which is the wheel well)....
It is really puzzling...
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum