Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #15
WimJBorsboom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Travato
State: British Columbia
THOR #18660
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaurbanelli@aol.com View Post
I have a 2020 Vegas 27.7 and changed out the 2 wet batteries under the steps. Here's a list of what I installed. The batteries are slightly longer than the wets but there was plenty of room. One of the battery leads can only be accessed if one battery is removed but that's not an issue.

2 Battleborn lithium batteries 12V 100ah BB10012
225 amp battery isolation manager LiBIM225 - #00-10041-260
Victron BAM0307 120000 batter monitor with Bluetooth BMV 712
2 Battery straps
2 Battery posts
WFCO WF-8950L2-MBA
Some battery cables as some distances between posts and breakers changed.

You don't need to install the Victron BMV but it's a great battery monitor. It does allow you to isolate equipment and measure amperage, and to identify the ghost load when the battery is supposed to be off.

The lithium wfco charger brings the lithiums to about 14.4 V, otherwise you lose about 10% of the lithium capacity with the original wfco. At the higher voltage the internal lithium controller will balance the cells automatically which is healthy for battery output and life. I replaced the charger portion of the wfco electrical panel/converter system with a simple conversion - 4 or 6 screws and 6 or 8 so wires disconnected/connected. I also replaced the battery isolation manager (BIM) under the hood to lithium, otherwise the engine alternator will not distribute charge properly between the chassis and house batteries. Battleborn gave me some discounts over the phone. Total cost of all components was about 2400. Increased amp hour usable capacity from about 80 (if the original batteries were replaced by the dealer) to about 200.
You used two lithium batteries 12V *100ah*, can one go for one lithium battery 12V *200ah*

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.