Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
jasonhooper

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #622
Serrano Headlight / Foglight Question

Hi, just picked up our new-to-us 2012 Serrano on Monday. While driving home I turned on the headlights and it seemed like the driver's side headlight was out. When I got home, I got outside and realized the lights were all on, just severely misaligned.

The next day I took a look in the daylight, and could tell that both the driver's side headlight and foglight were not positioned correctly in the bodywork. There was a larger gap in from the headlight to the bottom of the headlight hole compared to the passenger side, and the foglight was not completely inside its hole at the bottom.

I've attached pictures to help show this.

Long story short, I took the coach back to the dealership and was told the lights were adjusted. When I just went to pick it up, it didn't look like anything had been done as the spacing was still off on both lights. The service manager told me that they had adjusted the actual bulbs to proper alignment (why this wasn't done before we bought it to pass inspection I don't know) but that the tolerances on the bodywork for these things isn't as tight as with a car, so the gaps are just a byproduct of that and nothing is actually wrong. I call BS on this. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	60   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-3.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	61  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.