Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Towing
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 05:15 AM   #105
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I did the same thing myself to tow my 2004 LJ. I found my Ascent tow bar in the Amazon Warehouse and use the Stay In Play permanent braking system on the Jeep. Just flip a switch any you’re good to go. I enjoyed the installations and found it all to be straightforward. I added a wireless repeater to the Jeep’s brake light switch so that I could see exactly when my Jeep was applying its brakes. Works a treat in about 3000 miles so far.
I was paranoid, so I installed a brake disconnect switch under the hood on the Jeep. We've only towed it a couple hundred miles so far. I made a towing checklist, which works great... when I follow it! The last trip I didn't, and forgot to leave the ignition switch in the proper position. I drove about 100 yards and knew something was wrong... The transmission wasn't disengaged! STUPID ME! I'll never make THAT mistake again!😳

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.