Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyspad View Post
I have a 2019 Challenger 37TB that the residential fridge runs off the inverter. I want to make my 110 plugs (TVs and etc) run off the inverter as well. Anyone made this change? I am not sure how to handle the wiring, and i am having a hard time to finding a reliable installer in Los Angeles area to handle this.

I am adding more solar and replacing batteries with 4 Lithiums so i'll have enough juice for most electrical appllicances (except of course, convection ove, AC, etc that i only run with generator).

Thanks
Tony
Behind the inverter will be a junction box where all of the wiring for the inverter circuits are combined. You can remove the wires from the power center circuit breaker and move those wires to the inverter's junction box, however than is not a good idea as you can easily overload the inverter's transfer switch or the inverter itself. The correct way would to buy an inverter which will supply 30 amps or so with a 30 amp transfer switch (Xantrex Freedom X 3000). Then run all circuits you want to run off the inverter through a sub panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_0614_094939AA.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	26731  
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum