Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 12:40 AM   #11
DW821

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo
State: Alaska
THOR #20912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Perhaps you should have considered doing more research before signing on the dotted line...

A thorough PDI might have caught many of these problems, and got you started under happier circumstances.

But since you didn't: it would be more productive to calmly tackle one problem at a time.

So how can we help?

When we purchased it, there was very little inventory. We did do the research, but the combo of limited options and a hungry salesman (“everything is under warranty”), was enough to tip the scales...
We did do a thorough PDI. There were some minor issues that were addressed and resolved. Everything was in good working order. It was in the 90’s that day, so admittedly, we did not test the furnace. It was only after we started taking it out that things started falling apart.
I agree that there is an issue with the dealership but I don’t think that traveling halfway across the country to take it to the factory is a reasonable expectation. We are not new to this, so I do understand that they all have their issues. This one just has more than it’s share.
As for now, we have it under control (relocated and plugged in to 50amp and got an infrared heater.). Had the generator looked at and it’s going to have to be repaired in the shop. Made an appointment at the second closest dealer that services Thor (2.5 hours away) and will have them take care of the gen and furnace. I’m going to just try to enjoy the rest of the trip and will deal with it all once we are home.
Thanks for the feedback. I do hope you are right that once the bugs are worked out it will all be worth it.
Enjoy your weekend. [emoji4]

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum