Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyspad View Post
I like your explanation. I "think" i know what you are saying lol

So, here are the schematics of my rig wiring in PDF, and couple of pictures. I just downloaded it.
The cable (circuit breaker) labeled TV receptacles is for the inverter transfer relay. The one you want to power is general receptacles. You need to remove those three wires (Romex cable) to the junction box labeled TV and fridge.

The stock inverter is 15 amps @ 120 volts and is probably supplied by 2 awg cables and can pull 150 amps or 250 amps for 1/2 of a second through a 250 amp circuit breaker in the battery compartment. If you have 4 110 amp-h batteries, then you have 220 amp-h usable. I would not recommend you try to power the GFCI circuits with the common inverter.

I would recommend you look at the total needs for the fridge, TVs and the general receptacles. If you are like me and just plan to power a portable ice maker, TV and sound bar, DirecTV and the fridge and never a heater or coffee maker, the 4 batteries and 1800 vwatt inverter can handle it. I get by with a 2000 amp inverter with a 30 amp transfer switch.

With more batteries and a bigger inverter (or another 2000 watt inverter) you could do even more, but than would require more battery cable, another circuit breaker and more rewiring.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.