Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #5
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
I would definitely recommend passing on the warranty from the dealer and purchase one from a third party instead. When I bought my 2017 Challenger, the dealer quoted me around $5,000 for a five year service contract. I declined. When my factory warranty was about to expire, I shopped around and found a six year service contract for $2,700. I’m 2-1/2 years into this contract and I’ve had several major repairs covered, including a new hydraulic leveler pump, slide motor replacement, stair motor replacement, water heater repair, and roof a/c replacement. All of these were covered, with a $100 deductible. I have more than gotten my money back on the warranty. I’m usually not the kind of guy who purchases extended warranties, but really glad I have one for my motorhome.

But you should also note that dealership quotes are highly negotiable. CW offered a 7 year plan for nearly $7,000. By selecting options and negotiating I got it down to $3000. I’m still not sure it is worth it but DW was very insistent and, as they say; “happy wife, happy life”. So there it is. I’ve never seen a plan that covers leaks so you’ll be responsible for the roof and wall structure regardless. It doesn’t take many slide, generator or AC repairs to eat up a few thousand dollars. Like most insurance it’s a total and complete waste of money - unless it isn’t. It’s up to you to decide how much risk you want to bear.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.