Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2020, 09:59 PM   #8
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpandt View Post
Not sure if I am posting this in the right forum but here is my question.

I am a new owner, Thor Windsport 31S, and I have just added a VESAFE TPMS. I have set the cold pressure at 82 on all tires as recommended on the safety sticker in the coach. Set the parameter on the TPMS to 82 as well. When traveling, after about an hour, the system started alerting as each tire reached 99. Top pressure for a 2 1/2 hour trip was 102. The system automatically alerts when pressure increases by 20%.

Is there an issue with my tires or is 20% not a reasonable increase to alert on? I don't see a way of overriding the 20% threshhold. Should I leave my tires inflated to 82 and set the parameter slightly higher on the TPMS? I have not had the opportunity to weigh the rig and recalculate the pressure yet, and not sure if that would make that significant a difference.
82 psi is correct for the inside back tires assuming there is 6,000 lbs on each side in the rear. The inside back will always run the hottest because they get less cooling air than the other 4 tires. To get the exact tire pressures needed you need to check your traveling weight on each corner. At least on my coach, that is 5,960 lbs on the left rear and 5,840 on the right rear. After weighing, I decided on 85 psi on the rear @ 80 degrees. On a 100 degrees day at 60 mph, I see pressures of 105 to 111 on the inside rear and 102 to 106 on the outside rear. With 2,760 lbs on the left front and 2,680 lbs on the right front I run 73 psi @ 80 degrees. The on a 100 degree day the fronts run in the 91 psi range. Tires are Sumitomo ST-718 14 ply.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum