Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I can't help with your floor plan...not familiar
I've been thinking about this though in mine for a long time.
I've settled on two options that I think pretty much make sense for probably every rig.
assuming it's a hardwire inverter where you'd plug your coffee pot into an outlet and not directly into the inverter itself....

1) install the inverter near the battery and run a dedicated outlet to your desired coffee pot location
2) tap into the battery leads at the house battery disconnect relay (the thing that goes 'clunk' when you press the use/store switch to turn off the house). In my rig at least and likely in most, this is very near the converter box, where you could relocate the circuit with the coffee outlet from it's existing breaker to the inverter.

I've planned to do this for years but have always just found a way to make it work when I don't have shore power....so the project keeps slipping down the priority list. Ended up getting a french press to use for that purpose, and use my keurig for when I have shore power or don't mind running the genny.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum