Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #34
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
The two Seikis I have are the same models ETS has. I was talking to Thor customer service tech yesterday about this very issue with the Seikis. He said the models I have do not have a QAM tuner. The QAM is the device that unscrambles an encoded signal. I said the TVs do not perform as advertised and the outside TV in particular is annoying because that was an option for which I paid extra. There are Seikis that have an internal QAM tuner (that is why some folks here have said they never had a problem). I asked him if Thor would entertain swapping QAM equipped TVs for the two I have without QAM under warranty. You might guess what the answer was -- he said they would not be able to do that.

So I'll replace both with LGs for an out-of-pocket expense of $400. It's no big deal right now because the Seikis will pick up RF channels when I'm on antenna. But sometime when we are out in the boonies and the antenna will not pick up line of sight stations then all I'll be able to see will be cable channels on the bedroom TV.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum