Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 07:22 PM   #80
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

......cut....

I would also want to know why Coachmen hasn’t updated the Cross Trek brochure to include latest model year. Is it possible some of these floor plans are being eliminated already? I have no information to this effect, but find it odd that I haven’t seen 22XG or 27XG built on newest E-Series chassis with V8 engine listed for sale. Is it due to limited demand or limited manufacturing?

I still like the Cross Trek concept but badly needs a new floor plan for smaller units.

In fairness to Coachmen Cross Trek line of motorhomes, I want to share that I have now seen information that Coachmen is actually adding new floorplans and not eliminating them as I feared could be the case.

They just added an even longer Cross Trek 30XG, and a new 23XG is on its way. Both are on Ford E-Series cutaway chassis and not Transit.

The 30XG is similar to 27XG floor plan but with smaller rear storage compartment versus the 27XG’s very large bike/toy garage. This keeps interior floor flat without steps. Compartment can be seen at beginning of video, as can the very long rear overhang.

The ad on MHSRV site indicates the 30XG they have on order will have an optional 4,000-Watt Onan in addition to 3,000-Watt inverter system that can run everything, albeit air conditioner for a short period only. As previously discussed on this thread, a generator was needed to power A/C overnight if boondocking in south during most of year.

https://youtu.be/IStppwJHMFo

The upcoming 23XG will also be a corner bed design like the 22XG, but will be permanent versus flip-up Murphy style.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum