Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #47
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I just could NOT take the premise of being an Outlaw like Bob's previous RV

So I called the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, Motor Carrier Enforcement and ultimately the Motor Carrier Requirements

This is what I learned from Agent via phone so nothing in writing but I am satisfied.

1. The requirement to stop is only intended for Commercial in Oklahoma
2. If you are driving a RV for pay (transporting) you need to stop
3. If your daughter pays you $50 to take her someplace in your RV you need to stop ( agent laugh and said just don't tell them that if it were true
4. Their rules do not apply for the Turnpikes in Oklahoma.
5. Agent says it is very common for false signals to trigger the lights to take pictures, i.e. false weights etc. He says he has had the lights trigger him in his truck.
6. He says if drivers don't stop the enforcement officer will run you down, but they would never run down a RV.
7. They have the pictures for proof of the big trucks.
8. They would never mail a fine to the license plate holder, he emphasized they will run you down. ( I think they live to run a big truck down )

So this means I did NOT break the law in Oklahoma, and I am NOT a Fugitive, so Bob's song does NOT apply to me. D Kold man is Squeaky Clean

https://images.app.goo.gl/yBNXjAwdit4eahoM8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	free.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	26815  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum