Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 10:41 PM   #110
pavemike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
For our TOGO (which is the same as Connect 2 but with GPS function), we replaced the expired AT&T sim card with a Cricket sim card. Cricket is owned by AT&T and uses the same towers. Plans are:
20g for $35
40g for $50
100g for $90
You can purchase extra gigs if you use all of yours for:
5g for $5
15g for $10
We chose the 20g for $35, if we use all 20, I just go on the app and purchase more. Extra gigs are pretty cheap.
Setup was easy. Just replaced the AT&T sim wit the Cricket sim, went on the Winegard app and selected "change provider". The provider actually stays as "AT&T" but you enter the code for Cricket. Then, remove the sim card, place it in your phone (you will need to punch out the smaller size card to fit the phone, then punch it back into the larger one to reinstall in the Wingard) and download the Cricket app and set it up. It reads immediately. You will need the phone number for the sim which is on your receipt if you purchase sim at a Cricket store, which I did. They are everywhere. We stream all of our TV, youtube, netflix and such. Also run 2 ring doorbells, our tablets and phones. So far it has worked just as well as the AT&T plan, but, I figured it would since it is basically still AT&T at a much more affordable rate. Easy to keep up with your data usage with the Cricket app. Also, you can suspend the data plan during a month you are not using it. Just don't exceed 60 days suspended or it will cancel your plan. It costs $5 to un-suspend it and start using again. All from the app. Saves me $30 for that month.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.