Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
BC1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24HE
State: New York
THOR #20090
Winterized today - was quick & easy

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help with a valve question and the replies on that stupid drain thing the previous owner put in the water heater so I couldn't drain it. I had the mobile RV guy remove the drain thing (he had to disconnect the gas line) and today I winterized it by myself. Last weekend I located all the valves, bought what I needed to and got it all set up so today when I went to winterize it only took me about 20 mins and this was the first time with this unit. It was easy (almost too easy LOL). I used AF and not air as that is what I used to do with my other ones years ago but it's been almost 10 yrs since my last one.

I got AF to come out all faucets, shower, toilet and city water (I don't have outside shower or sink) the WH has been drained and I poured AF back down all drains and toilet when done and I drained the low point drains, holding tanks and the FW tank so I think it is all ok.

Thanks again for the help.

Take care,
Beth

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.