Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 01:19 PM   #41
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Is your landline still a "real" line? (e.g. landline's can cost upwards of $70+/month).

If you make it a "soft" line (VOIP) you can reduce that cost down to something like $4/month--depending on how much use.

I just did this using https://voip.ms/ . Saving some $$. Now our "landline" just rings an app on my cellphone (regardless of where I'm at) instead of all the copper (and I have voicemail setup that e-mails me a .mp3 file of the voicemail, an outgoing message to deter sales people, scammers, etc.).

Yeah I sound like a sales person..nope don't work for them just recently did it as a cost save.
No it is not a real landline anymore, but we have had the same landline number for 30 years. We had before we got our mobile numbers.

We lucked into voip because I got ABSOLUTELY frustrated with the game Verizon was playing area year. One day like a madman I just cancelled everything. They would not do anything to help with all of the unwanted telemarketing calls. There process at the time to block a number took about 5 minutes as I had to log into my account every freaking time!!! Then I could only block 100 numbers with no reference as to who they were. Anyhooow Majicjack has feature that block these numbers, we don't get ANY Robo calls on our landline. If human you can still get in it if you following the random directions provided for each incoming call. It is about $30/year and I think I have paid out for like 5 years? It is really neat to be in RV and that phone is in kitchen like normal home. It impresses people covid visiting. Sometimes we have one landline inside and another outside as we have 6 phones. Even when traveling and on the road, if laptop is out, we can use the phones, but generally we use the mobiles then. It is important to me, because most all of my outgoing calls when possible is made from our landline number so as to help my mobile ID from showing up with various vendors and other places that love to send texts.

Feature of our Panasonic allows 2 mobiles to connect to the landline phone so effective it is like having 3 phones on a switchboard of sorts for the main phone. We get emailed .wav file for every recorded message. I can also switch to have landline send calls directly to one of the mobile phones but we never use that.

The https://voip.ms/ sounds similar and would be a backup option, as I will never ever go back to Verizon landline.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum