Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #12
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by michbout View Post
I started the generator, problem was power to gen. relay sw. near batteties (yellow flag was out). The only way I charged them was by starting the RV first, then gen. started. Actually the house batt. are charging with rv running or gen. running.
The problem I have now, is that house batteries are not charging on utility power, wondering were to look exactly. (relay,inverter fuse ...)
Thanks everybody for your help I do appreciate.
That's not a relay, it is a DC breaker. You have one for the Generator (100 amp) and one for the DC buss (50 amp).

The batteries charge from the generator in the same manner that they charge from Shore Power (SP) by supplying 120 VAC to the Converter in the Power Distribution Center. The Converter then supplies 12 - 15 VDC to the batteries through the USE/STORE (Battery Disconnect) latching relay and 50 Amp DC breaker.

So the only problem that could allow charging from the Generator, but not from SP would be in the Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) which in your RV would also be a problem for all 120 VAC loads in the AC breaker panel.

The batteries charge from the engine's alternator from the BIRD/BIM isolation/charging circuit regardless of the status of the USE/STORE (Battery Disconnect) latching relay or 50 amp breaker.

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.