Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 06:50 PM   #119
pavemike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeo22 View Post
pavemike, I apologize for my ignorance, but you say you need to put the sim card in the wg2 and change provider, then remove it and put it in a phone to download the app? Is this a cricket phone? Once the app is loaded, sim goes back in wg2 and you work from the Winegard app? Again, sorry and thank you!
After purchasing a sim card and account, make sure to keep your receipt, it has the phone number for the card. You will need this when setting up the Cricket app. With power off, insert the full size sim card into the Winegard router. Power it up by turning on the RV battery and router switch if applicable. I suggest NOT using the Winegard app for set up. It may not show you the features you will need. Instead, open the internet browser on your phone or whatever device that are using for your apps. In the address bar type: 10.11.12.1 and it will open the Winegard app in the browser. Username will already show as “admin”. Default password is also “admin”. Click the “Navigate to Page” dropdown menu. Then, select “Change Provider”. On the next page leave the provider as AT&T (Cricket is AT&T). In the box labeled “Cellular APN” type in “ndo”. That is the APN for Cricket. Next, click on the “Change Provider” button. This will take you back to the main page where you will select “4G”. All Done. Internet should be working. Test it.
Next step is to install and setup the app on your phone or other device. Shut off power to the router. Remove the sim card. Punch out whatever size sim fits your phone or other device. Install the “My Cricket” app on your phone. Remove your phone’s sim and install the Cricket sim. Open the My Cricket app and follow the setup. This is where you need the phone number for the sim. Once your app is setup, swap the sim cards back to their original places in life, you know, the router and phone. Turn on the router and live RV life to the fullest. Open the Cricket app and it will show real time data usage. You will also pay your bill on the app and can change plans, purchase more data or suspend it.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.