Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #121
pavemike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Another point I should mention. Cricket data speed may be less than AT&T since the parent company always gets priority during congestion. We were in St Augustine for a day during a recent trip and we did have some buffering while watching youtube videos. We lowered the quality to standard definition and it was fine. Didn't have the buffering while using slingbox from our home Spectrum DVR. Also had good speed while in Savannah. In high def we were still able to watch with little to no buffering. This may depend on the area you are in. I am on the east coast of central Florida and the speeds are very good here. It also worked fine on a trip to north central Alabama. When I first decided to try this, I figured for the price, it was worth the risk. If it didn't work well, I can cancel at any time. It is a "no contract" plan. I suggest starting with the lowest amount of data (20g for $35) and the activation fee is $25. That's a cheap experiment. So far, worth it.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum